Effective: December 13, 2018
Acts of Service™ Website and Application Privacy Notice
Lippert Components, Inc., and its subsidiaries, affiliates and parent company, as administrators of the Acts of Service™ program (collectively “Acts of Service,” “we,” “our,” or “us”), are committed to protecting your privacy. Acts of Service has established a comprehensive privacy program to help Acts of Service respect and protect your data privacy rights. Acts of Service strives to protect the privacy of personal information in its custody, in keeping with the access and privacy provisions of applicable legislation.
Acts of Service will not collect personal information about you unless you choose to use and receive Services that require it. Your personal information will be used only as part of providing you with the Services that you select, for Acts of Service’s internal purposes (including the administration and purposes for the Acts of Service™ program), and for no other purpose.
This Privacy Notice governs your access to and use of the Acts of Service-operated and controlled websites and application for the Acts of Service™ program (the “Privacy Notice”), including ActsofService.com, (collectively the “Acts of Service Websites”) which provide certain services, including but not limited to connecting users with non-profit organizations and logging user volunteer hours (collectively, the “Services”) and describes how Acts of Service, as a data controller, collects, uses, and shares your information when you use and interact with the Services.
Your Agreement With Acts of Service
This Privacy Notice constitutes a binding legal agreement between you, as a user who access, uses, or interacts with the Services (“User”), and Acts of Service. Before accessing, using, or interacting with the Services you should carefully review all terms and conditions of this Privacy Notice. You may not use the Services if you do not accept the full terms and conditions of this Privacy Notice and the Acts of Service Website and Application Terms and Conditions, which are incorporated by this reference. This Privacy Notice applies only to the Services, and Acts of Service’s collection, use, disclosure, and protection of your information. It does not apply to third party websites, applications, or services.
By accessing, using, or interacting with the Services, you signify your consent to this Privacy Notice and the collection, transfer, storage, disclosure, and use of your information described. If you do not agree to the terms of this Privacy Notice or the Acts of Service Website and Application Terms and Conditions, then you may not use or interact with the Services. Should you wish to withdraw your consent, you may do so by contacting Acts of Service using the contact information provided below.
The national law and local law of every country and legal jurisdiction in which personal information is collected and processed applies. If you have questions about this Privacy Notice or our practices, or if you need to contact us about the information we collect about you, our contact information is at the end of this Privacy Notice.
Eligibility To Use the Services
The Services are strictly intended for use by adults only. Use or operation of the Services by any person under the age of 18 is a violation of this Agreement. By accessing or using the Services you represent and warrant: (1) that you are at least 18 years of age; (2) that you are legally permitted to use the Services; (3) that your use of the Services has not previously been suspended or revoked; and (4) that your use of the Services is allowed by and in compliance with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
Information Collection & Use
Acts of Service collects information about you and your use of the Services through various means, including when you provide information to us and when we automatically collect information about you when you access, use, or interact with the Services, including by visiting the Acts of Service Websites. We use this information for a variety of different reasons, including to measure use of and improve the Services and to tailor the Services to you.
The types of information Acts of Service may collect include:
- Information You Provide To Us:
- Services Account Information: Acts of Service may require you to register for an account in order to use certain Services (an “Services Account”). We do not require you to register to use all features of the Services. However if you do register for an Services Account, you will gain access to those areas and features of the Services that require registration. Acts of Service will collect certain information about you in connection with your registration for your the Services Account, which may include Personally Identifiable Information such as your first name and last name, email address, mailing address, and phone number, and other information such as a password, username, and certain demographic information, including your employer, as well as certain information about your volunteer service or affiliation with a non-profit organization. “Personally Identifiable Information” refers to information about you that may be used to identify you, such as your: first name, last name, gender, birth date, address, email address, and phone number. Some of your the Services Account information may be displayed publicly. You are not required to provide your Personally Identifiable Information; however, if you choose to withhold certain Personally Identifiable Information, we may not be able to provide you with certain the Services functions or features.
- Form Information: We may use forms to request certain information from you in order to perform or facilitate certain Services, such as your employer, non-profit affiliation, and volunteer hours in order to administer the Services. This information may include Personally Identifiable Information.
- Correspondence Information: If you sign up, email us, subscribe to our newsletters mailing lists, or blogs, we may keep your message, email address, and contact information to respond to your requests, provide the Services, and to provide notifications or other correspondences to you. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us in the future, you may let us know by sending us an email or by writing to us at the address below. Please note requests to remove your email address from our lists may take some time to fulfill. We may also still contact you as needed to provide important announcements or notifications regarding the Services.
- Support Information: You may provide information to us via a support request submitted through the Services. We will use this information to assist you with your support request and may maintain this information to assist you or other Users with support requests. Please do not submit any information to us via a support submission, including confidential or sensitive information that you do not wish for Acts of Service or our Service Providers (as defined below) to have access to or use in the future.
Information We Collect Automatically:
- Location Information: Acts of Service may receive information about your location through your use and interaction with the Services. Acts of Service provides certain services based on your geographic location (IP address, user profile data and GSM service data). We monitor, collect and use your geographic location information, as well as other information obtained from our network and your device, to provide you with these services, and to maintain and improve our network.
For example, when you use or interact with the Services, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store data about your location, which may include your address, zip code, GPS coordinates, or similar information regarding the status and location of your computer, mobile device, or other devices used to access the Services (“Location Information”). We may also determine location by using other data from your device, such as precise location information from GPS, information about wireless networks or cell towers near your mobile device, or your IP address. Acts of Service may also use Location Information via third party APIs such as Apple’s Region Monitoring or Google Geofence API to help provide intelligent notifications to our users regarding updates or actions they should take relating to the Services. Location Information allows us to provide and improve the Services. We may use and store information about your location to provide features of the Services, and to improve and customize the Services. The information you receive in connection with your use of location-based services may include advertisements related to your request and your location. Some features of the Services, particularly location-based services, may not function properly if use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled.
When you use location-based features of the Services, you will receive prior notice and must give your consent before your location will be used or shared. The form of consent will be suited to the type of the Services you utilize. When you use location-based services that are not from Acts of Service, then the terms of service and privacy policies of that other provider will govern.
We may share certain information, including information obtained through analytics and tracking tools such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, and number of clicks with our Service Providers. We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
- Log File Information: We may collect certain log file information related to your use of the Services, such as your IP address, browser type, access times, domain names, operating system, the referring web page(s), pages visited, the amount of time spent on certain pages or using the Services, your location, your mobile carrier, information about your device (including device and application types, network connections, names, and IDs), search terms, and cookie information (“Log File Data”). We receive this Log File Data automatically when you interact with the Services, for example, when you use the Services, or interact with our Acts of Service Websites or communications we send to you. Acts of Service uses this Log File Data to provide, understand, and improve the Services, and to customize the content we show you. Acts of Service may correlate this data with other information that Acts of Service collects about you via the Services, including Personally Identifiable Information and your interactions with the Services.
- Unique Identifiers: When you use or access the Services, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "Unique Identifiers," such as a universally unique identifier (“UUID”). A Unique Identifier may remain on your device persistently, to help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the Services. Some features of the Services may not function properly if use or availability of Unique Identifiers is impaired or disabled. We may also collect and use information about your device, such as the name and type of the device, operating software, and the device’s location.
- Public Information: Acts of Service may also collect information about you from publicly available sources. Information you make publicly available in any public or open forum, such as on a social network, may be considered public information for the purposes of this Privacy Notice, and may be accessed and collected by Acts of Service. Please be aware that any content or information you share with or provide to third parties using or related to your use of the Services is neither private, nor confidential. Acts of Service is not responsible for any content or information you post or share with third parties. If you do not wish for certain information to be public, please do not share it
Apart from our Service Providers we use to provide you the Services and in the limited circumstances described in this Privacy Notice, we do not share, rent, or sell your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties outside of Acts of Service without your consent. Examples of ways we share information about you may include:
- Service Providers: Acts of Service works with various organizations and individuals to help provide the Services to you ("Service Providers"), such as hosting companies and companies providing analytics information, like Google Analytics. We may share your information with our Service Providers for the purpose of providing the Services. The information we share to our Service Providers may include both information you provide to us and information we collect about you, including Personally Identifiable Information and information from data collection tools like analytics information, Log File Data, UUID information, device information, payment information, and Location Information. Acts of Service takes reasonable steps to ensure that our Service Providers are obligated to reasonably protect your information on Acts of Service’s behalf. These entities are restricted from using this data in any way other than to provide services for Acts of Service, or for the collaboration in which they and Acts of Service are engaged (for example, some of our Services may be developed and marketed through joint agreements with other companies). If Acts of Service becomes aware that a Service Provider is using or disclosing information improperly, we will take commercially reasonable steps to end or correct such improper use or disclosure.
- Third Party marketer and Advertisers: We may share certain information about you to third party marketers and advertisers. We allow advertisers to choose the characteristics of users who will see their advertisements, and we may use any of the non-personally-identifiable attributes we have collected to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements. When you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, there is a possibility that the advertiser may place a cookie in your browser and that your attributes meet the criteria the advertiser selected.
- Business Transactions: Acts of Service may purchase other businesses or their assets, sell our business assets, or be involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets (a “Business Transaction”). Your information, including Personally Identifiable Information, may be among assets sold or transferred as part of a Business Transaction.
- Lawful Requests: We may be required to disclose User information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, or in compliance with applicable laws. We generally do not disclose User information unless we have a good faith belief that an information request by law enforcement or private litigants meets applicable legal standards. We may share your information when we believe it is necessary to comply with applicable laws, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the Services or using the Acts of Service name, or to protect the safety of any person. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents, or government agencies. Nothing in this Privacy Notice is intended to limit any legal defenses or objections that you may have to a third party’s, including a government’s, request to disclose your information.
Acts of Service will cooperate with applicable regulatory authorities, including data protection authorities and agencies of the countries in which Acts of Service operates. This relates in particular to required notifications of security breaches as may be required by law.
Access To The Information Acts of Service Has Collected About You
Acts of Service provides certain tools and settings within the Services to help you access, correct, delete, transfer, or modify your information associated with the Services. Acts of Service welcomes you to contact us regarding the information we have collected about you, including regarding the nature and accuracy of the data has collected about you, or to request an update, transfer, or deletion of your information. Requests to delete or remove your information do not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted, and removed information may persist in backup copies indefinitely. Please note that if you choose to delete your information or opt-out of the collection and use of your information, you understand that certain features, including but not limited to access to the Services, may no longer be available to you.
We may store the information we collect about you indefinitely, but information generally will be retained only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected, or as otherwise required by law. Following termination or deactivation of a Services Account, Acts of Service may retain your information and content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and audit purposes.
Right to be Forgotten
Acts of Service does not store Personally Identifiable Information without need. We follow laws that require us to delete personal information if the reason for its collection and storage does not exist any longer. We believe this fulfills the requirements of the privacy principle of the "right to be forgotten."
If you have registered your personal details with us, you can deactivate your account at any time. Once deactivated, your account will be irrevocably suspended, ensuring that nobody can use that account identifier again to prevent impersonation.
Opting-Out Of Communications From Acts of Service
We may contact you with service-related announcements from time to time. We may also contact you for marketing related information, product discounts, coupons, offers, incentives, website updates, survey requests, reminders, industry news, and general company news.
Users may opt-out of receiving certain communications from Acts of Service by following the unsubscribe process described in an email communication, or by contacting us using the contact information provided below. However, please note you may not be able to opt-out of certain Services-related communications, such as account verification, changes or updates to features of the Services, or technical and security notices.
Transfer And Storage Of Your Information
Please note information Acts of Service collects about you may be transferred, processed and/or accessed by us in the United States, or another country where we, or our Service Providers operate. Please be aware Personally Identifiable Information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state or country where privacy laws may differ from and may not be as protective as those where you live. If you are located outside the United States and choose to allow us to collect information about you, please be aware that Acts of Service may transfer your Personally Identifiable Information to the United States and process and store it there. By allowing collection of your Personally Identifiable Information, you consent to having your personal data transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (known as the "Shine the Light" law), Users who are residents of California may request certain information about our disclosure of personal information during the prior calendar year to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at the address below or at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Request for California Privacy Information" on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will comply with your request within thirty (30) days or as otherwise required by the statute. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
Acts of Service takes reasonable efforts to secure and protect the privacy, accuracy, and reliability of your information and to protect it from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Acts of Service implements security measures as we deem appropriate and consistent with industry standards. As no data security protocol is impenetrable, Acts of Service cannot guarantee the security of our systems or databases, nor can we guarantee that personal information we collect about you will not be breached, intercepted, destroyed, accessed, or otherwise disclosed without authorization. Accordingly, any information you transfer to or from the Services is provided at your own risk.
Please do your part to help us keep your information secure. You are responsible for maintaining control over operation of your Services, the confidentiality of your password and Services Account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your Services password or Services Account. Acts of Service specifically reserves the right to terminate your access to the Services and any license you have with Acts of Service related to the Services in the event it learns or suspects you have disclosed your Services Account or password information to an unauthorized third party.
The Services may link to other sites created and maintained by other public and/or private-sector (including non-profit) organizations. Acts of Service provides these links solely for your information and convenience. When you transfer to an outside website, you are leaving the Services, and Acts of Service's privacy and information management policies no longer apply. Acts of Service encourages you to read the privacy statement of the websites you visit before you provide any personal information.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
Acts of Service may modify this Privacy Notice from time to time. The most current version of this Privacy Notice will govern our use of your information and will be located at www.ActsofService.com/privacy You will need to accept the revisions to the policy to access or use the Services after those changes become effective, to confirm that you agree to be bound by the revised Privacy Notice.
All requests, questions, or concerns related to the Acts of Service Websites and this Privacy Notice should be directed to Acts of Service via the following contact information:
Lippert Components, Inc.
3501 Co Rd 6
Elkhart, IN 46514
United States of America